The act of dedicating children to the Lord was a common practice of blessing among God’s people in biblical times. In addition, it was also a statement of recognition, on the part of the parents, that their child belonged to God. As believers today, we dedicate children with the same purpose in mind. The dedication celebration is more than a ritual; it is a commitment on the part of the parents to honor the will and Word of God.
HOW DO I DEDICATE MY CHILD AT THE PURSUIT CHURCH?
Fill out the form
- Fill out the Dedication Request Form on our website. Once this is received your name will be placed on a list.
Attend the class
- Parents are required to attend a dedication class. You must be able to attend the class in order to be scheduled for the dedication. During the class you will be taught and asked to:
- Choose a life Bible verse for your child.
- Publicly affirm your personal faith in Christ and renew your dedication to Him and His Word.
- Recognize that your children belong to God and have been born to experience His love and serve Him.
- Pray for God’s direction in your lives and in the lives of your children.
- Faithfully participate in regular worship with your children.
- Teach your children the truths of God’s Word in your home.
- Anticipate and seek to gently lead you children to a personal faith in Christ as soon as they are ready.
Select a date
- When a dedication service is available, you will be offered the dates for the service weekend. If the date or service time is not feasible for your family schedule, you have the option to stay on the list and be contacted for the next dedication weekend.
Dedicate your child in church
- The parents and child will come up on stage.
- The church will pray for the group of parents and children.
- You and your child will be prayed over and celebrated by the church community.